Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Manicotti

This was my first successful attempt at making real food when I was younger. I believe I was 16 when I first made this. I don't even know why I choose it, I hated spaghetti so who knows, but it sure is yummy. I still make it the same as I did  back then. I also still make it with corn bread I decided that is the only way I can have it. The sweet with the savory make an excellent combo.

1 Box Manicotti Noodles, cooked as directed
1 C Ricotta Cheese
2 C Mozzarella Cheese, grated
1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder

  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Cook noodles, when they are done rinse in COLD water
  3. Combine cheeses in a bowl and mix well
  4. In a 9x13 pan, spread about 1/4 cup sauce evenly on the bottom of pan
  5. Grab a handful of cheese mixture and squish into a long narrow tube shape, then slide it into the manicotti noodle, place noodle with cheese in pan
  6.  Fill all remaining noodles with cheese and place in pan
  7. Pour remaining sauce on top of noodles, sprinkle with garlic powder and onion powder
  8. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes
  9. Serve with corn muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment