7 C. Apricots, pitted and blemishes cut off
Squish the apricots down hard into the measuring cup
6 T. Lemon Juice
5 C. Sugar
3 Large Jalapenos or 5 Little Ones, cut off stem and
cut out the seeds and inside white stuff
1 pkg. Liquid Pectin
This makes about 6 quarts, if I remember right
- Wash all lids and bottles in the dishwasher with hot water.
- Measure Apricots make sure you squish them down hard! Put them in a Large pot
- Take 1 cup of apricots and puree them in a food processor with the jalapenos, add to pot
- Add sugar and lemon juice
- Stirring the ENTIRE time boil on med high, scrape off the foam and put into a bowl, Save the foam
- Boil until mixture is thickened and no more foam is being made, about 30 minutes
- Add pectin, boil 2 more minutes
- Fill jars with jam, do not put lids on yet
- Boil lids, (not rings) in water for 5 minutes
- Wipe top of jars clean, put lids and bands on
- Turn jars upside down for 10 minutes
- Turn jars upright and by morning all jars will have sealed, you can tell by the lid being sucked down so you can't push it up and down and make a popping noise
With the foam you scraped off at the bottom of the white foamy part is some amber syrup, this is delicious on pancakes, waffles, and crepes. I would save this in the fridge, it is yummy!
**Now this jam will keep on your shelf for about a year.
** You can double this recipe but do not triple it, the jam will not turn out right.