Saturday, September 18, 2010

Spicy Noodles

I made this recipe up one day after watching "Anthony Bourdain No Reservations" on the Travel Channel.
He went somewhere (I can't remember where) but they had all these street vendors selling delicious looking bowls of noodles. I knew I couldn't compare with there's but this satisfies my cravings and it is pretty tasty and EASY.

1 Pkg. Chicken Flavored Ramen Noodles
2 T. Lemon Juice 
1/4 t. Ginger Powder, or fresh if you have it.
Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce, to taste (this is sold in the ethnic food section at Walmart)
2 T. Fresh Cilantro, optional

Cook Ramen according to the package, do not drain the water. After it is cooked add all other ingredients. With the chili sauce I would start very small, maybe 1/4 t. then add more, depending on how hot you want it. The cilantro is not necessary but adds an extra yummyness to it.

Chili Sauce


2 comments:

  1. I just tried it and it was delicious. Although I put in a little too much lemon juice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little brother was living with me for a few months and prior to that he was living with a Cambodian friend. I guess this was HUGE at their house. He cooked it for us so much while he was here. They only variation was that he added some soy sauce and oyster sauce. I prefer it non oyster sauce though :) But for Ramen noodles these rock! I say bring on that hot chili sauce :)

    ReplyDelete