Monday, September 27, 2010

Amy's Brushetta

This is one of my all time favorites!!!! I serve this as an appetizer and I eat it for dinner, I love it!!

1 Pkg Cream Cheese
1/2 C. Pesto
(I would only use the pesto that is refrigerated at the store.  If you get the Costco kind you can freeze what you don't use in little Ziploc baggies. If you get the bottled kind it usually tastes like crap)
2 Med Tomatoes, finely chopped
3 T Cilantro, finely chopped
2 T Green Onions, finely chopped
Crackers, or Toasted Sour Dough bread.
(whatever you use make it really crunchy)
*Optional, a blend of Romano, Parmesan, and Asiago OR just one of the cheeses listed

Mix together the cream cheese and pesto, set aside. Mix together the tomatoes, cilantro, and onions. Put a layer of the pesto mixture on the cracker then load up with the tomato mixture and top with cheese. Yummy!
I would make them right before you serve them or have people make them as they eat them.

1 comment:

  1. For pesto we just use one of those cheap packets of pesto that you make with oil and water and it is still delicious.

    ReplyDelete