Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Better Than Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce

I got this recipe from food.com I just changed it a little
5 T. Butter
  5 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 C. Heavy Cream
1/2 t. White Pepper
1 Chicken Bullion Cube
1/2 t. Black Pepper
1/2 t. Salt
1/2 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
3/4 C. Grated Mozzarella Cheese

1. Melt butter in pan
2.Add garlic, cream, white pepper, chicken bullion,black pepper , and salt
3.Bring mixture to a simmer, stir often.
4.Add Parmesan and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth, stirring frequently
5.When sauce has thickened add Mozzarella and stir until smooth.

I served this over angel hair with sauteed mushrooms and Grilled Chicken. Delicious!!!


6 comments:

  1. Just FYI...Im making this tonight and will let you know how it turned out....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making this tonight. If it isn't the best ever... I know where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I was out of mozzarella (Zach keeps eating it on sandwiches,) so I used a couple of string cheeses. Worked fine.
    Just an FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to make this. What do you think would be a good substition of a chicken bullion cube? A vegetable bullion cube? ISn't the olive garden one of the top ten worst restaurants?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some comments from when I posted your link on facebook--

    Todd Thurston: My favorite dish is Alfredo at some place like Olive Garden or Cabarnos (sp?). This sause kicked their butt. Cost about 11 bucks to make a double batch. We had company and even took some to our neighbor. Every person said it was amazing. And it was. This recipe was perfect. If you love alfredo this is the only recipe you ever want to make.

    Christopher Allman: I just got all the ingredients and I'm about to make it. They even had vege chicken bullion. The moment of truth! I want to reiterate that the Olive Garden is the worst!

    Jennifer Allman Hedrick: I'm not a fan of Olive Garden, but their alfredo sauce is pretty good.

    Jennifer Allman Hedrick: This is the best alfredo sauce I've ever made. Usually when I try to make homemade, it ends up making me queasy. I don't know why. But this is super yummy. I've started using 1 cup of cream and 1 cup of milk to cut down on the fat.

    Christopher Allman: That is a good idea about using 1 cup milk. (or just using 2 cups half and half) because while it was delicious, it sits very heavy in the stomach afterwards as i'm now experiencing. HOWEVER you have broken your vow to never eat low-fat foods! I don't even know you anymore.

    ReplyDelete