Monday, February 25, 2013

Zuppa Toscana, Olive Garden copycat recipe


This comes from restaurant.food.com. I had not tried Olive Gardens soup before and I thought this was one of the best soups I have ever tasted! Then I had Olive Gardens because I thought I should compare and I liked this version better, It has more flavor and you get more stuff in your bowl then they give you at Olive Garden.  I think I need to make this for dinner tonight!

1 lb Italian sausage (I like mild sausage) 
3 Med. Potatoes sliced thin
1 lrg. Onion, chopped
1/4 C.  Bacon, crumbled
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 C. Kale, chopped
8 Chicken Bullion cubes
1 1/2 quarts water
1 cup heavy whipping cream
 
 
 
  1. Brown Sausage in Soup pot, Smoosh into small bites
  2. Add water, chicken bullion cubes, potatoes, onions, garlic, and bacon
  3. Cook until potatoes are done about 20 minutes
  4. Add salt and pepper to taste
  5. Add kale and cream, heat through and serve
 



No comments:

Post a Comment