Saturday, January 15, 2011

Spicy Noodles With Chicken or Vegetables


This has a very Thai flavor to it.  I would say it is a medium spicyness level you can very easily make it mild. My first bite I thought this is pretty good but by the time my plate was empty I was looking to see if anyone had any I could steal off their plates. Then the next day I couldn't get enough of the left overs! So needless to say I will be making this a lot in the weeks to come. The original recipe comes from Deals to Meals but I have changed a few things.


Sauce:
1/2 C  Olive Oil
2 t Garlic, chopped
1 1/2 T  Creole Cajun Season Salt or 
*if don't want it to be to spicy use regular season salt
2 T  Lemon Juice
2 T Fresh Cilantro, chopped
2 T Brown Sugar
2 T Soy Sauce
2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
**or Mixed Veggies, I'm thinking cauliflower sounds good

Noodles:
1 lb. Angel Hair Pasta, cooked
2 T Lemon Juice
2 T Olive Oil
1/2 C  Green Onion, chopped
2 T Fresh Cilantro, chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Parmesan cheese

  1. Combine all ingredients under "Sauce", in a pan and cook until chicken or veggies are done.
  2. While chicken is cooking,
  3. Cook pasta
  4. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, green onions, cilantro and salt and pepper together
  5. Add cooked paste and lemon juice mixture together in a large bowl then add chicken/veggie mixture to pasta, toss to combine all ingredients.
  6. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve warm

No comments:

Post a Comment