1 C. Butter or Margarine, softened
6 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 C. Sugar
1 t. vanilla
3 C. All-Purpose Flour
3 t. Poppy Seeds
2/3 C. Jam
1 C. Powdered Sugar
8-10 t. Milk
2 t. Almond Extract
- Heat oven to 375
- On medium speed, cream together butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Until light and fluffy
- Add flour and poppy seeds, beat at low speed until a soft dough forms.
- Divide dough into fourths.
- On a lightly floured board, roll one forth of the dough out to a 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut dough into circles, I used a small ring for a canning jar
- Place circles on an ungreased cookies sheet
- Spoon 1/4 t. jam onto center of each circle, If you use more it will just leak out.
- Fold in half and press edges with a fork
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove cookies from cookie sheet immediately or they will stick. Cool completely
- In a small bowl combine ingredients for glaze and drizzle over cooled cookies. Dry completely before storing.