Friday, May 4, 2012


Breakfast Taco

This recipe comes from surprisingly...Me and my own brain. I really really like these and so did everyone in my whole family! That is a rare treat when everyone eats my food instead of a bowl of cereal. These taste like Breakfast Burritos, India style.

6 -7 Sausage Patties. (I used precooked but uncooked would taste better
5-6 med. Potatoes
3 Eggs
2T. Garlic
2T. Butter or margarine
1 1/2 t. Cumin
3/4 t. Garam Masala (this is sold at most grocery stores I get mine at Walmart)
1/2 t. Turmeric
Salt/Pepper to taste
Handful of Cheese
Corn Tortillas
Oil for frying

  1. Microwave potatoes until soft
  2. While potatoes are cooking, heat up sausage, or cook all the way if your not using precooked patties
  3. Cut sausage into bite size pieces. Leave grease in the pan from the sausage
  4. When potatoes are done cut into bite size pieces and add to pan. You could remove the sausage from the pan at this point, I just push it to the side and keep it in the pan
  5. Add butter, Brown potatoes until mostly crispy
  6. Push everything to the side of the pan and add eggs, scramble
  7. Add garlic and all of spices
  8. Mix until spices are fully incorporated
  9. Add cheese, stir until melted.
  10. Cover and keep warm until ready to eat
  11. Fry corn shells in oil just until soft  about 30 seconds or so.
  12. Serve potato mixture in tortilla with fresh salsa. Delicious-o

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and interesting. Now I need the recipe for Nana's soup or whatever you've called it for generations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you please come and cook me breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious!!!!! Thank you for the recipe!

    Mrs C

    ReplyDelete