Friday, May 4, 2012


Caprese Salad

My Friend Holly Grow and I made this one up today. I was a little nervous trying it, it could have tasted like crap.  We were both surprised that is was delicious, in fact I can't wait until I make more tomorrow. Breakfast isn't to early for a salad, right?

1/2 Romaine Lettuce
10 Leaves, Fresh Basil (don't use dried it won't work)
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1/4 Cucumber, chopped
1/4 C Mozzarella, shredded
2 T. Parmesan, grated
Croutons, I used garlic & cheese
1/4 C Balsamic Vinegar
2 T Brown Sugar
1/4 t. Garlic Powder
Salt/Pepper to taste
3/4 C Olive or Vegetable oil

  1. Chop lettuce, add Basil, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Croutons
  2. Mix together in a jar Vinegar, Brown Sugar, Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper and Oil. Put on lid and shake vigorously until sugar and salt is dissolved.
  3. Pour dressing on and enjoy.
  4. This made enough for 2 people as a meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment