Romaine Lettuce, shredded
Canned Pears, cut into bite size pieces
Mozzarella cheese, cubed or shredded
Red Onions, thinly sliced
Dried Cranberries (optional)
Candied Nuts (NOT optional)
Brianna's Poppy seed and brand unknown Pear Ginger (optional) dressing
- Candied nuts are delicious and go well on any sweet salad. I usually candy sunflower seeds because they are cheap and all nuts taste pretty much the same once candied, plus if someone is allergic to nuts they can eat these instead. But of course you can candy any nut you choose.
- In a pot on med heat add 1/2 C sugar and 1/2 C nuts/seeds
- Stir until sugar melts and all nuts/seeds are coated. Be careful not to cook to long, it will burn quickly and ruin them all. Do not leave them even for a second!
- Once done pour on a plate and place in the freezer.
- Once cooled place nuts in a large Ziploc bag and beat with a rolling pin or something heavy to break into bit size pieces. I make a lot at one time then keep them in the freezer they save for at least a year and don't go bad.
- I have found Brianna's Poppy seed dressing to be the best tasting and sweetest. The pear, ginger dressing is something I found at Smiths one day, I didn't think is was good by itself but very delicious when mixed with the poppy seed dressing.