These Sugar cookies are sooooo delicious!! They are soft, flaky, and sweet!
These rival any bakery cookies. I made them for Valentines but they would be perfect for any occasion.
This recipe came from my sister Jennifer Hedrick
1 C. Sour Cream
1 C Oil
1 t Vanilla
1 1/2 C Sugar
1 1/2 t Baking Soda
1 1/2 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Salt
4-5 C Flour
2 Tubes Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cream together, sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla and sugar.
- Add in, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add flour 1 cup at a time, I usually use about 41/2 cups, you want the dough to be firm but still soft and gooey. I hope that makes sense.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight, or freeze for 11/2-2 hours.
- Cover counter top and dough with flour and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness
- Cut dough into whatever shape your little heart desires.
- Bake for 7 minutes. They will not be brown at all, in fact they don't really look done to me but they are and if you cook them longer they get crispy.
- Put on a cooling rack, once cooled, frost those yummy cookies. I use store bought frosting, just the vanilla kind, but if you have an amazing recipe for frosting let me know. I think a little lemon in the frosting would taste good also but I haven't tried it yet.
- To make your own colored sprinkles just put some sugar and food coloring in a Ziploc bag and mix very very well.
- This recipe makes about 40-45 cookies depending on the thickness. So what I've done in the past is cut the dough in half , form it into a log and wrap it in saran wrap then freeze it for future use. To thaw it just pop in the microwave and defrost it, it defrosts quickly.