This recipe came to you from Jen Hedrick, who knows where she got it from. I did tamper with it a bit, I can't help myself. This is the best banana bread recipe I have tasted and trust me I have tasted many, I love banana bread. If you don't believe me Kim Coleman (who I gave some to today) said this, and I quote "this is the best banana bread I have ever had give me the recipe now or Die" Strong words I know but now you know how good it is.
2 Cubes Butter, softened
2 C Sugar
6-8 Very Overly Ripe Bananas
4 t Lemon Juice
2 T Vanilla
4 C Flour
1 t Salt
2 t Baking Soda
1 t Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Smoosh up bananas add them in and mix a little bit
- Mix in thoroughly the rest of the ingredients
- This makes 2 regular size loaves. Your pans need to be greased and floured. This will help immensely when you are getting the bread out of the pan.
- Bake for 45-60 min. Until the top is browned so when you touch the top it springs back.
If you feel like banana bread is not complete without Yummy cream cheese frosting then you and I would get along great! So here is a recipe for some.
1 8oz pkg Cream Cheese, softened ( no fat free crap either)
1 Cube Real Butter, softened
1 C Powdered Sugar
1 T Vanilla
- Mix everything together until well blended.